Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Check out my latest read. The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. It was a very enjoyable fable refer ed to me by a friend (Thanks sY). I seem to remember reading it somewhere in my past (probably High School) but it still held my attention. It is a fable about a boy following his dreams, my son believes this is one of my "motto's". I must admit I wish it were. I am much better at preaching, that then actually living it. The book has been translated into 56 languages and while riding on a plane this week the person next to me (a Frenchman) told me in his broken English that he was very glad to see the book in English as he suggested it to a friend who didn't speak French very well. I presented him with my copy at the end of the flight (trying to mend the French/American tensions one person at a time). If you get a chance pick up a copy. I have already purchased another copy for my son to read.

Also one of my favorite pass time's is kicking into high gear Baseball. More specifically New York Met baseball. Growing up in New York city and not being a Yankee fan is a tall order. A few years back while in an local Queens (Met territory)Art's and Crafts store with my youngest son (age 5 at the time), the store owner threatened to call child services because I had him wearing a Met Hat! Sometimes I agree. It would have been much easier growing up a Yankee fan, but not quite as rewarding. There is no thing like Shea stadium in October for a big game. I know we haven't had many but the few we have had have been amazing. In 1986 I was at games 2,6 and 7 with my younger brother and last year I was at game 2 of the Dodger/Met playoff series with my youngest son. Great fun! I explained that this is why you remain a fan for these few occasions. Lets hope there are a few more in our future.

Good Luck and Good Forex trading.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home